In conjunction with the ForestTECH 2017 series this year, Interpine will be running a LiDAR Analysis workshop the day after each event – Friday 17 November, Rotorua and in Melbourne, Thursday 23 November. It will teach delegates how to manipulate, process and visualize LiDAR datasets, with a specific focus on forestry derived forestry outputs. These include terrain, vegetation surfaces and forest yield related metrics.
In New Zealand, the course includes hands-on labs and presentations and will be held at the computer facility at Toi Ohomai in Rotorua.
In Australia, participants will bring along their own computers. The workshop will be run at the ForestTECH 2017 conference venue in Melbourne.
Dr. Martin Isenburg (rapidlasso LAStools developer) and the Interpine Team (David Herries, Susana Gonzalez and Sarah Pitcher-Campbell).
Rotorua: Friday 17 November
Melbourne: Thursday 23 November
ROTOUA, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology, O Block (Forestry Building Computer Lab)
Melbourne, ForestTech Conference Venue
$350+GST per person.
Lunch and morning teas provided.
- Overview of LiDAR
- Collection parameters and technology, how to plan for LiDAR Acquisition.
- Brief Introduction to Exploring LiDAR and software tools available to make it easier.
- Creating datasets for the engineering team
- Understanding canopy height models
- Managing, Publishing and Visualising LiDAR across your organisation
- Portals and Publishing BigData, a look at the options and workflows.
- Calculating Forest Yield using Plot Imputation
- Understanding Forest Yield calcuation using LiDAR reference plot inventories. You know have LiDAR yield tables, what and how to take the next step and start using them.
- Worked examples using end user tools for foresters to managing forest yield tables created through LiDAR.
Please complete the following form to register for the course:
Click Here to Access: Online Registration Form